Nowgoal Forum

Register

New theme Reply theme

UEFA Europa League / Olympique Lyon Vs Ajax 11.05 [Copy Link]

1#
Match: UEFA Europa League / Olympique Lyon Vs Ajax

Olympique Lyon: Facing a difficult task (Recent Form: WLWLLW)
Olympique Lyon welcome Ajax to Stade de Lyon on Thursday for the second-leg of UEFA Europa League semi-final. First-leg ended in a 4:1 win for the Dutch side, so Lyon face a pretty difficult task. Anyway, players are not giving up. “On Thursday against Ajax we need to perform well and I think we should be able to pull it off. Playing matches like this one on Thursday is what this job is about. We have the skills to do it,” said Maxwel Cornet. It should be remembered that no French club had ever won the Europa League nor UEFA Cup. Anyway, OL showed good offensive skills in their previous home games in play-offs of EL this year, scoring 13 goals in 3 fixtures.

Ajax: Good season (Recent Form: WWLLWW)
Ajax took part in all eight Europa League campaigns, but they failed to play a bigger role so far as this is their first semi-final in those competitions. In total, it’s the first semi-final appearance for Ajax since 1996/97, when they lost to Juventus in UEFA Champions League. Now it seems that they are close to reaching the final. “We have to forget about the first-leg and start as if it was 0:0, trying to win. Focusing on defence would be wrong, things often go wrong in such cases. We cannot think that we’re almost in the final. I rate Lyon much higher than Schalke and that is why we need to be at our best,” said defender Davinson Sanchez.

THE BETTING VERDICT:
In conclusion, it seems that this may be an interesting clash with a couple of goals. Lyon need to attack from first minute, but Ajax also play offensively and visitors will try to score as well. In my opinion this might be an entertaining match.

Olympique Lyon vs Ajax

Pick: over 3.50 goals @2.02
2#

Olympique Lyon vs Ajax 3:1
win
New theme Reply theme

Copyright © 2003 - 2011 Power By www.nowgoal.com All Rights Reserved.

Attention: The third parties may propagandize their products or services through our site (www.nowgoal.com). However, we do not guarantee
the accuracy of their publicity information. So we will not involve in the business between you and the third parties.
nowgoal sports will not likely be responsible for any loss caused.