Nowgoal Forum

New theme Reply theme

Champions League / AS Roma Vs Shakhtar 13.03 [Copy Link]

Match: UEFA Champions League / AS Roma Vs Shakhtar Donetsk

AS Roma: Back-to-back wins (Recent Form: WWLLWW)
Roma appear to be in average shape as they have 3 wins, 0 draws and 2 losses in last 5 matches across all competitions. However, they’ve won the last 2 games. Roma take on Shakhtar on Tuesday at Stadio Olimpico in the second-leg of UEFA Champions League tie in round of 16. “We want to advance and we won't do that by playing just one half of football. I hope all the alternating between good and bad performances can level out now because this is a game we can't mess up. I want to see continuity from my team. Even if we go ahead, I want us to keep our shape and balance. We made some mistakes, not just individually but as a team, in the first leg and we can't afford to do that again,” said coach Eusebio Di Francesco. Karsdorp and Pellegrini are unavailable, Defrel is a doubt.
Probable line-ups: Alisson; Florenzi, Manolas, Fazio, Kolarov; Nainggolan, De Rossi, Strootman; Cengiz Ünder, Džeko, Perotti

Shakhtar Donetsk: Flying high (Recent Form: WWWWWW)
Shakhtar started this year in best possible way, winning all 5 competitive games to date in all competitions. Now it’s time for away encounter. “It's going to be a very difficult game. Roma won a group that included Chelsea and Atlético Madrid so they are tough to face, and they've won five out of six games recently. They're going to try to put us under pressure from the start. We're going to have to be very strong at the back to withstand that. My team is in great shape, mentally and physically,” said coach Paulo Fonseca. Kryvtsov, Malyshev, Srna are ruled out.
Probable line-ups: Pyatov; Butko, Ordets, Rakitskiy, Ismaily; Fred, Stepanenko; Marlos, Taison, Bernard; Ferreyra

Summing up, it looks like hosts are favourites of this clash. Although Roma lost the first-leg 1:2, they appear to have more quality than their rivals and perhaps the Italian outfit may be able to turn things round in front of their fans.

AS Roma VS Shakhtar Donetsk

Pick: AS Roma -0.75 @ 1.92

AS Roma VS Shakhtar Donetsk 1:0
half win
New theme Reply theme

Copyright © 2003 - 2011 Power By All Rights Reserved.

Attention: The third parties may propagandize their products or services through our site ( However, we do not guarantee
the accuracy of their publicity information. So we will not involve in the business between you and the third parties.
nowgoal sports will not likely be responsible for any loss caused.