Nowgoal Forum

New theme Reply theme

Championship / Sheffield Utd Vs Sheffield Wed 12.01 [Copy Link]

Match: England Championship / Sheffield United Vs Sheffield Wednesday

Sheffield United: Promotion candidates (Recent Form: WDLWDL)
Sheffield United are on 7th place in Championship with 42 points. They are currently just 1 point short of 6th Leeds (promotion play-offs), so they can think about ambitious aims. However, team is in average shape – 1 win, 2 draws, 2 defeats in last 5 league matches. Sheffield United take on Sheffield Wednesday on Friday. “It's a fantastic first game to start with and I can't wait for Friday. It's a massive game, especially having already won at Hillsborough. It might have taken people by surprise what's been achieved this season, but the momentum from coming up can take you a long way and the manager has kept a pretty settled group of players together,” said the new signing Lee Evans.

Sheffield Wednesday: New manager (Recent Form: DLLWLL)
Sheffield Wednesday sit on 16th position in the standings with 30 points. They’ve won only 1 match out of last 10 in the league so there was a managerial change recently. Jos Luhukay has been named as the new manager and he looks ahead to his first Championship fixture: “We must try to give what we have. Friday is a special game for everyone. I know all about derbies and they are special games. I have had fantastic derbies in Germany and other countries and I think tomorrow I can use what I have learned. We must try to give our best. We have spoken as a team about the last game. There is a motivation for this game and we want to turn around this situation in the league.”

Summing up, it looks like hosts are favourites of this clash. Sheffield United are enjoying a fine campaign in general and they’ll be looking for a derby win in front of their supporters. Sheffield Wednesday don’t impress and perhaps their new manager needs more time to change things.

Sheffield United VS Sheffield Wednesday

Pick: Sheffield United -0.50 @1.80

Sheffield United VS Sheffield Wednesday 0:0
New theme Reply theme

Copyright © 2003 - 2011 Power By All Rights Reserved.

Attention: The third parties may propagandize their products or services through our site ( However, we do not guarantee
the accuracy of their publicity information. So we will not involve in the business between you and the third parties.
nowgoal sports will not likely be responsible for any loss caused.